A probate lawyer with extensive litigation experience
Disputes often arise in the administration of a probate estate or trust, especially if there is a lot of money involved, or if there is a history of family conflict. Whether you believe someone has exercised undue influence over your loved one to get them to change their will, or you are defending such a claim, you need an attorney with both litigation and probate experience.
Over the years, I have handled (and prevailed in) many contested probate matters, including will contests. With over 100 trials in Connecticut Superior Courts throughout the state I am as comfortable in the courtroom as I am in the conference room.
Alternative Dispute Resolution
In addition, I have extensive experience with alternative dispute resolution methods (ADR) such as mediation and arbitration. While I am prepared to resolve a matter in court, I know most cases are better addressed outside of the formal court process.
As a trained and experienced mediator, I am often called upon to help parties resolve their dispute.
Partial List of ADR Training:
- Completed a 40-hour mediation program sponsored by the University of Connecticut’s Labor Education Center and Quinnipiac University Center on Dispute Resolution.
- Completed a 40 hour divorce mediation training program run by Divorce Mediation Training Associates.
- EEOC Employment Mediation Training.
- AAA Arbitration Survival Training.
- Mediating Workplace Disputes, CUNY Dispute Resolution Consortium.
- Master Class, “Mediating the Conflict in the Room”
- ADR Center Arbitration Training Seminar.